Barista SharePoint Overview
At BaristaLabs, we’ve found that the same patterns tend to repeat over numerous custom SharePoint projects. We sat down and thought about what we could create that would free developers from the time consuming tasks required when building custom SharePoint applications. Further, we thought about the pain points facing customers and ways to minimize them. The result is the Barista platform.Read More
Barista Modules Overview
The past few weeks have been tweaking and refining Barista as it gets used to build AMS 1.5. At this point I’m really
eating my own dogfood drinking my own coffee, while simultaneously coming up with some solid patterns around “Barista App” design, file layout, and so-forth.
Some of the polish has been around better error handling if an error does occur, minor tweaks around the Document Store, improvements to the recently introduced ExcelDocument, better auto-setting the content-disposition header for return-types of Base64EncodedFile, additional included JS files, and so forth. There’s been over 20 check ins since the last update.
One scenario that popped up as a potential area of improvement is around dependency loading.
New Define functionality in Barista
Take, for instance, a Barista application that contains functionality that is modularized into separate JS files.
Having separate script files makes an application easier to maintain for evident reasons.Read More
Active Directory Improvements
I’ve just checked in an update to the AD Bundle.Read More
I’ve just checked in a bunch of improvements to the SharePoint Taxonomy related bundle in Barista.
- Taxonomy is now a bundle unto itself – you can still get a taxonomy instance from spSite.getTaxonomySession(), however, you can also do the following: